Friday, April 2, 2010

Nifty Idea Extended

Sometimes I am inspired by an idea so much that new and wonderful applications occur to me. Usually starts with a thought along the lines of, "Well, this is really working well, what if I make it bigger and better..." Taking an idea and running with it is something I do quite often. Sometimes it works out really great, other times...well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I started my herbs from seeds this week and quickly ran out of window sill. So I thought of the frame of that little portable greenhouse I have. I got that out of the garage, re-homed a bunch of spiders to the compost (they'll be happier there) and stuck its wheels on. And then inspiration hit me. Line it with aluminum foil just like I did with the boxes. It holds a lot of flats (plus a spider plant that got displaced when I commandeered the window) and is fairly stable. Rolls nicely, too. Just turn it around, open the curtains and push it in place.

There is an unforeseen result I didn't even think of (that usually happens with my grand schemes). With all that aluminum foil glittering in the windows, it looks like either I'm trying to protect myself from alien transmissions or I got me a grow-up going there. EEK!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love your ideas!
Gina

Marnie said...

Well, I have you to thank for inspiring me in the first place!