Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aromatherapy for Hair

Today I made some more stuff for my hair. I make my own shampoo, rinse and oil treatment. Hair care was one of the first things I tried when I began my incredible journey into the world of Aromatherapy. Shampoo is the easiest thing to make, I start with castille liquid soap, cut it with distilled water and add the essential oils for my hair type (old and dry). I did have to get over the whole mis-guided idea that shampoo lather has to billow like clouds to clean. That was easy once I saw how clean my hair was. I don't use cream rinse because I don't need it now that I use my own shampoo. I think cream rinse is one of the biggest scams out there, actually. I do use a vinegar rinse with essentials oils in it. It does the job and make my hair smell really nice.

Now I think my hair looks pretty good but I was amazed the last time I had my hair cut. The hairdresser cutting my hair said she had never felt hair as soft as mine before, especially she said considering how grey it was (ok, I'll ignore that part). She asked me what brand I used and could not believe I made it myself. She had no idea how easy it was to do. To be fair, neither did I ten years ago.

No comments: